Are you one of the millions of people that is suffering from heart disease or even worse? Have already experienced a heart attack.
These days its difficult not to meet someone who is either suffering from heart disease, has had a heart attack or has been told they are at risk for heart disease. Its just about as common as meeting someone with brown hair. Unfortunately, the media and even many well-meaning doctors are completely misinformed on how to tackle this growing epidemic. Its the number one killer in the US and plaguing many other countries as well.
What are we to do?
The best plan of attack is to combat the risk factors the best we can.
Use the following 5 tips to get you started on a heart healthy plan:
1. Drop the smokes. Yes, smoking has been shown to be one of the biggest risk factors in heart disease, mainly because of all the toxic chemicals added to cigarettes (not that Im recommending tobacco or anything.)
2. Walk, walk, walk. If finding time for a structured exercise program is just too much of a challenge right now, just start by walking. I have known many people who have strengthened their heart and reversed severe conditions by getting outside and walking. If you can, find a scenic route. Theres
nothing more calming than the outdoors. (I highly recommend whistling and singing while you walk. It makes for happy thoughts.)
3. Calm down. By this I mean, dont stress about the stuff you dont have to. This is actually a very funny statement coming from me who used to stress about everything! Deadlines, laundry, work, family you name it, I stressed about. Not until I realized that this would kill me no matter how healthy my food was did I drop the stress and pick up the laughter. Right now as I write this newsletter, Ive got more things that need to get done today than are humanly possible. My reaction “Haha..better put my Superwoman shirt on”
4. Do not and I repeat, do not go on a low-fat diet. Your heart condition may get worse in your attempts. Drop the bad fats (like hydrogenated oil and the nasty oil in French fries and donuts) and start eating more healthy fats like coconut oil, olive oil, salmon, walnuts and whole organic eggs.
5. Do not be afraid to eat saturated fat. If read “The Truth About Saturated Fat” in The Diet Solution Program you know that eating saturated fats is not what is causing people to get heart disease. It is processed foods, sugars and an overabundance of refined carbohydrates that is making this country so sick. The whole saturated fats topic gets me so fired up, I even made a video to further inform you check it out here: http://www.dietsandweightlossreviews.com